More images available. Click any image to view the
The Roger Sherman Inn Description:
This historical landmark in New Canaan, CT has been
established as an Inn since 1925; the Inn was named after
Roger Sherman whose niece, Martha Sherman, lived in the
house from 1783 until 1806. Roger Sherman, a lawyer and
delegate from Connecticut to the Continental Congress, had
the distinction of being the only person to sign all four of these
historical American documents: The Association, &c (1774),
Declaration of Independence (1776), Articles of Confederation
(1777), & The Constitution of the United States. In 2008,
award-winning restaurateurs Nes & Joseph Jaffre became the
owners of this elegant establishment and have transformed
both the inside and the outside of the Inn. Recent renovations
in 2012/2013 have given this historical landmark a modern,
romantic feel while preserving the antique nature of the
building. Come join us whether it's for a weekend getaway,
cocktails at the bar, dining on our wrap around patio, an
anniversary dinner, or a private party from 8 people to 180
people; our venue is perfect for all occasions!
At A Glance:
- 17 Rooms
- Pet Friendly (check with inn)
The Roger Sherman Inn Amenities and Features:
|Air Conditioning||Filtered Water/Ice||Iron/Board Available|
|Breakfast Included with Rate||Heating||Porch/Lanai|
|Cable or Satellite TV||Internet Access||Telephone|
|Business Travel||Gay/Lesbian||Rooms Over $200/night|
|Children Welcome||Group Facilities||Vegetarian Meals|
|Family Travel||Rooms $100-$200/night||Wedding Facilities|
|Biking Nearby||Hiking Nearby||Restaurant Nearby|
|Bird Watching||Historic Area Nearby||Shopping Nearby|
|Golf Nearby||Playground Nearby|| |
Other Amenities ...
- Exceptional Dining 7 days a week at our Restaurant on site
- Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
- Check-Out Time: 11:00 AM (late check-out avail. upon
- Cots; available upon request ($30.00 one time charge)
- Cribs; available upon request
- Mini Fridge; available upon request ($5.00 per day)
- In-Room Amenities Include: Telephone w/ Voicemail, High
Speed Wireless Internet Access, Flat Screen TV with Cable,
Radio, Iron and Ironing Board, Extra Pillows & Blanket,
Hairdryer, Bathroom Amenities,
The Roger Sherman Inn Reservation Policies and Payment Information:
- No minimum night stay required.
- No deposit required; valid credit card number required to hold
- Stay 7 + nights and receive a 10% discount on your room
rate (only on Superior, Deluxe, Luxury, & Suite).
- Please contact The Inn directly for room rates and
availability; seasonal rates apply.
- Rates are for 2 person maximum per room; $30.00 charge
per person, per day over 2 persons; charge does not apply for
- Please contact The Inn directly for Group Bookings (10+
- There is a $25.00 handling fee applied to ALL cancellations.
- Weekday Bookings: SUNDAY – THURSDAY: 48-hour
cancellation policy – you must cancel at least 48-hours prior
to your check in date to avoid the full charge of your stay.
- Weekend Bookings: FRIDAY, SATURDAY, & SUNDAY: 2-
week cancellation policy – you must cancel at least 2-weeks
prior to your check in date to avoid the full charge of your stay.
- Holiday Bookings: THANKSGIVING, CHRISTMAS, & NEW
YEARS: 21-day cancellation policy - you must cancel at least
21-days prior to your check in date to avoid the full charge of