Belgian Waffles with Glazed Bananas
Ingredients: Banana Sauce
• 3/4 cup Butter
• 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
• 4 Bananas
• Melt butter on low heat.
• Place the brown sugar in with the butter and watching the heat, melt the sugar down
with the butter to make the sauce. Be careful not to boil or over cook the sugar, it with
burn or crystallize.
• Chop the bananas into cubes and place into the sauce.
Ingredients: Belgium Waffles
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups well-shaken buttermilk
• 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
• 2 large eggs
• Vegetable oil for waffle iron
• Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
• Whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs in another bowl, then whisk into
flour mixture until just combined.
• Brush hot waffle iron lightly with vegetable oil and pour a slightly rounded 1/2 cup of
batter into each waffle mold. Cook waffles according to griddle's manufacturer's
instructions until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer as cooked to rack
in oven to keep warm, keeping waffles in 1 layer to stay crisp.
• To serve: Dust the plate with powdered sugar; place the waffle on plate and dust with
sugar again. Top with a large spoonful of banana sauce.
• 8 Waffles