Mayhurst Raisin Scones
Delightfully tasty raisin scones with crusty outside and soft inside. Perfect with homemade Blueberry Butter or Homemade Devonshire Cream.
• 2 cups flour
• ½ cup butter
• ½ cup sugar
• 4 tsp baking powder
• ¾ tsp salt
• 2 eggs – well beaten
• ¼ cup milk or ½ and ½ or cream
• ½ cup raisins or chopped almonds or choc. chips or cinnamon chips or chopped dried fruit , etc.
• Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together
• Cut in butter with pastry cutter or 2 knives
• Mix eggs with milk and add to dry ingredients
• Do Not over mix
• Add raisins or other ingredients
• Drop by spoonfuls onto un-greased sheet cake pan or onto parchment paper (my preferred method), or Press into 2 very lightly greased pie pans (I use glass)
• Bake 375 for 14 to 15 minutes
• Brush tops with butter and sprinkle with coarse sugar
• Can be frozen and reheated briefly, but never as good as fresh.
Enjoy - Pat